Every year we hear about victims of shallow water black out and a lot more about the individual experiences which divers survived by chance. We have designed you a special one day course full of practice and proper first aid training.
You will be practicing the real life scenarios of blackout and loss of motor control victims and learn how to recover a diver, how to take primary action and how to respond to life threatening emergencies. Although our course is based on Free Diving Safety, you will have the worldwide accredited “React Right” certification at the end of the day.
This course will qualify participants to practice all vital first aid skills (including CPR) and will teach them to recover and stabilize a shallow water blackout and LMC (loss of motor control) victim.
- Be 18 years of age or older (16 years with parent or guardian consent)
- Have completed the Medical Form
- Have completed the Liability Release
- Mask, Snorkel
- Wetsuit or appropriate exposure protection
- Lanyard (if appropriate)
- Nose Clip (optional)
- Goggles (optional)
- Physiology of Blackout and Loss of Motor Control in freediving
- Breathing exercises to prevent accidents
- Rescue and safety training
- React Right training
- Real time scenario training
Duration and Course Outline:
- Full day course
- One water session
- Two theory sessions
- Digital React Right Student manual.
- First aid with CPR €100 + VAT
- First aid with O2 provider €100 + VAT
- CPR and O2 provider combo first aid €150 + VAT