Is your heart beating for freediving? Want to share your wisdom with others? Ready to step into the amazing and challenging world of being a freediving professional? Then its time for you to join our professional programs.
Applicants for the Level 2 Freediving Instructor rating should be physically fit and Flexible individuals
that can display outstanding watermanship. You must be a Level 1 Freediving Instructor (with a minimum of 25 Level 1 student Certs) or an accomplished Level 3 Student with Freediving Stress & Rescue and Training Techniques specialty programs.
Here are the requirements to achieve the Freediving Instructor Level 2.
• Complete all Review answer sheets required for the L2 FITC Study guides / workbooks.
• Attend all FITC Academic Instructor presentation sessions.
• SSI Level 2 Freediver instructor applicants must achieve a 90% pass rate in the Level 2 Freediver final exams
• The applicants must achieve a 90% pass rate in the Level 2 INSTRUCTOR Final Exams
All the In Water Performance Requirements where the Instructor applicant has to use fins must
be performed with Stereo fins (Bi-Fins) e.g. no mono fins.
• Perform a swim of 800m using mask, snorkel and fins within 15min
• Perform a swim of 400m (No Fins – buoyancy device or snorkel) within 10 min (any stroke)
• Freedive to minimum 40m depth competently / on demand.(minimum dive time of 1.30min)
• Ascend from 20m using arms only
• Ascend from 20m with no mask
• Freedive to 20m and hang for an unknown time (30sec-1 min, which is determined by the
FIT) then rescue another Freediver from simulated blackout (BO) from that depth.
• Endurance examination – max 1min preparation, 5 dives to 20m with 1min surface interval
between Freedives .
• Shallow Water Blackout (SWB) rescue from 25m and demonstrate a 50m tow.
• Perform pool disciplines Dynamic (DYN) – minimum 100m.
• Perform pool disciplines DYN w/no fins – minimum 50m.
• Perform a Static breath-hold minimum of 4:00 mins.
• Demonstrate Blackout (BO)/Loss of Motor Control (LMC) rescue skills during pool sessions.
Minumum 10 days – depending on the number of participants
• 875euro + Instructor Kit.