Are you ready to teach and learn the bulletproof methods of teaching deep freediving? SSI Freediving Instructor Level 3 course is the most satisfying level of freediving instructor program and it is waiting for you.
Applicants for the Level 3 Freediving Instructor rating should be physically fit and Flexible individuals
that can display outstanding watermanship. You must be a Level 2 Freediving Instructor (with a minimum of 50 Level 1-2 student Certs combined).
Here are the requirements to achieve the SSI Freediving Instructor Level 3.
• Attend all FITC Academic Instructor presentation sessions.
• SSI Level 3 Freediver instructor applicants must achieve a 90% pass rate in all of the Freediver final exams
SSI FREEDIVING Level 3 Instructor Final Exam:
• The applicants must achieve a 90% pass rate in the Level 3 INSTRUCTOR Final Exams
All the In Water Performance Requirements where the Instructor applicant has to use fins must
be performed with Stereo fins (Bi-Fins) e.g. no mono fins.
• Perform a swim of 800m using mask, snorkel and fins within 15min
• Perform a swim of 400m (No Fins – buoyancy device or snorkel) within 10 min (any stroke)
• Freedive to minimum 40m depth competently / on demand.(minimum dive time of 1.30min)
• Ascend from 20m using arms only
• Ascend from 20m with no mask
• Freedive to 20m and hang for an unknown time (30sec-1 min, which is determined by the
FIT) then rescue another Freediver from simulated blackout (BO) from that depth.
• Endurance examination – max 1min preparation, 5 dives to 20m with 1min surface interval
between Freedives .
• Shallow Water Blackout (SWB) rescue from 25m and demonstrate a 50m tow.
• Perform pool disciplines Dynamic (DYN) – minimum 100m.
• Perform pool disciplines DYN w/no fins – minimum 50m.
• Perform a Static breath-hold minimum of 4:00 mins.
• Demonstrate Blackout (BO)/Loss of Motor Control (LMC) rescue skills during pool sessions.
Minumum 2 days – depending on the number of participants